Tuesday, February 14, 2012

MAC DEVIL PRO LONGWEAR FOUNDATION spf 10

So.... the reason why my blog post title is so intense is because I am breaking out like I am in high school all over again at the moment because of this cute little foundation!!!


So I bought this foundation about 5 months ago in Korea and used it for about a month but then stopped using it because I got addicted to a bb cream that my dermatologist office carried.  I just recently ran out of it so I had a full bottle of this mac foundation sitting around so I tried it out again last Sunday. 


All day on sunday my face was fine until I washed my face that night.  My face started itching like crazy and so I slathered on my Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel which has saved me numerous times from my face being in flames from skin mistakes. It definitely calmed down the redness and stopped the itch that night so I thought I got to my skin just in time before I had done any damage.  

This is my go to product when my skin is in need of healing. It's cooling and moisturizing. This is the newer version the older version was only 90%.
As you can see its paraben free, mineral oil free, and no artificial colors.  It's also made from organic californian aloe plants.  So it is at it's purest form in a cosmetic product. Nature Republic actually advertises that it works for not just your face but your whole body from your hair body and nails.  =)


Back to my story, sadly.. the next morning I woke up with a face full of whiteheads, breakouts, and just random rash like bumps.  My face has been in the clear zone for a whole year now and because of this devil product I am in panic mode once again.  It's so bad that I can't to even take a picture of my skin to upload for you to see. 

Seriously.. what is in this stuff exactly?? I threw my box away so I don't even know what the ingredients are but I just know it has to have devil juice in it or something. lol  This is what it says on the website.... " Long-wear foundation that give up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition.  Lightweight and creamy, applies smoothly for a sheer to medium coverage. Controls oil, natural and flawless finish." 

Ok.. so despite my face breaking out in hives the foundation does wear a LONG LONG time and I do not have to blot my t-zone area all day because it has a matte finish that helps control the oil.  I was talking to my cousin Angel about this and she also said that mac face products break her out also so... from now on I am staying far far away from it! 

Sorry for the random rant about this foundation if it doesn't break you out then I would recommend it but to anyone who is considering to purchase this I HIGHLY recommend you to go to the store and test it out for a day on a small portion of your face before purchasing.





6 comments:

  1. oh my! so sorry to hear about that..I also have some friends who are allergic to MAC foundie thus they never ever touch MAC products anymore. But I know your skin will recover soon, I think you might just be allergic to one of the ingredients. Once you stop, your skin will recover already..=)
    I love the NR aloe gel too! it really soothes redness effectively..^_^~

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahaahahahaha u actually did do the post about MAC!? LOL =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's awful that your skin had such a horrid reaction - hope it clears up ASAP.
    I just recently got rid of a face scrub that gave me little bumps on my face - it's really hard to find the right beauty routine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I get scared to try new products these days. Thank goodness for reviews on the web.

      Delete
  4. I stumbled into this blog because I have also been fooled into buying this devil of a product. I love the MAC Studio Perfecting Powder Foundation but I wanted to buy a foundation so I would dab so much of the powder. So I got this product too! I have stopped almost 2weeks ago but I am still breaking out like crazy! In the 1st 2 days I was using the product I already felt my skin reaction. Imagine just 2 days of using the product, it created so much havoc on my face, with bumps, pustules, whiteheads etc even to parts of my face that usually doesnt break out. How long did your face recover? I am desperate, huhuhu!

    www.littlemisshoney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete