Friday, February 3, 2012

Korean makeup and etc. product reviews

I noticed myself grabbing for these makeup products more often han others for the past few weeks so I wanted to share them with you.

Tony Moly Partylover Gel liner #4 brown

 This liner is one "THE EYELINER" that so many korean girls use.  I actually haven't had a girl tell me that they had an issue with this liner.  Everyone always recommends it without hesitation.  So I tried it out and the formula is very similar with mac fluidline and the color payoff is really good. It's convenient also because the lid contains a brush.  I've had some people tell me they would do without the brush but I personally like it. 
As you can see you can do a thick liner on the flat side of the brush and also flip it to the side and draw a thin line.  It is a bit dry which is probably why it is smudge proof.  It is almost half the price of the mac-fluidline so if your able to get a hold of it I recommend you do so just because it's such a bargain. 

Too cool for school party time dual eyeshadow and eyebase  - #3 sunrise 
So if your not familiar with Too cool for School it's a korean brand that I came across when I was in Seoul.  It kind of reminds me of a  "makeup version"  of a lush store just by the way its set up. It's all about using natural products and etc. and has the eco-friendly layout.  It's one of my favorite makeup stores.

 So the packaging is quite cute it has a lid that consists of the two powder eye shadows and a mirror on the lid.  The bottom part consists of the  base cream shadow.   The brown color is just to die for because it's so shimmery and  very dark.  The color payoff is gorgeous.  The light pink and the pink cream base is also extremely shimmery but its not too shimmery where it makes your lids look like a grease ball.  

As you can see the swatches the shadows are very shimmery. One thing I would recommend is a primer because these shadows aren't formulated to last all day on its own.  The shadow to the left is the cream shade  and the very right is the pink powder shadow.  The pink shadow doesn't show as much but it does have bigger glitter type shimmers that look really nice on the corners of your eyes.


Thefaceshop- blackhead ex nose clay mask (peel off type) 

Before I start there are two kinds of blackhead nose clay masks at thefaceshop, one is a peel off type and one is a rinse off type please be cautious when purchasing. 

I compared the tube with my ballpoint pen to show u how small the tube is but I use it once every 1.5 weeks and I've had a tube for about 5 months and I still have like half a tube left.  So it does have quite a bit of product.  You can see this as a substitute for those nose strips because it works as the same concept. 
 The formula is very thick and sticky like the stuff you would use to make paper mache. 
The key to this is to apply a thick layer very evenly on your nose so that it will peel off easily.  Like other masks, if you apply it thinly it will break while you try to peel it off and if you apply it too thick you're basically just wasting product.  It does do it's job in pulling blackheads and clears you up.

Skinfood hair magic pad
 I know these aren't anything new but I came across these in the skinfood store and thought that is was just the cutest thing ever! Com'on how cute is that! A star and a cloud hair holder??!! LOL  So I had to pick it up and it actually makes sense more than you would think especially if you don't part your hair in the middle you can use the cloud for the side with more hair and the star for the side with less hair from your part.  lol 
  The velcro on these cute babies are also quite nice because it doesn't tug at your hair too much but does it's job in holding in place.

Eclat d'arpege by Lanvin 
I am in love with this perfume.  I had gotten it as a gift from my aunt and it has been my current fav. for about 5 months now.  It smells very fresh and an extremely slight scent of musk with a bit of floral.  If you love dolce  n gabana light blue you will fall in love with this scent because its kind of similar.  I used to love dolce n gabana but I got sick of the fruity smell it consisted of and this perfume has absolutely no fruit scent at all.   It's one of the most popular scents a lot of women in korea wear.  I always smelled it on at least one person when I would go out in to subways of seoul or just walk in the streets in the evening.

  

11 comments:

  1. that eyeshadow is pretttttttttty! i want!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyeshadow duo is really pretty! The Tony Moly liner sounds really good in your review. I've seen it on blogs a few times, but haven't tried it myself. I liked Fluidline, but the price is a bit of a turn off. I'll definitely keep the Tony Moly liner in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the hair velcro are just so cute...=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, how many mls is the perfume? thanks for the reviews :) all the products looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottle I had was 100ml but it comes in two different sizes I believe. It's a good perfume for girls in their 20s-30s. You should definitely try to get a sniff of it. =)

      Delete
  5. Do you know if the eye shadow is only available in Korea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I only saw this brand in Seoul. You can order it off ebay if you just type in "Too cool for school" and there are a lot of private sellers that sell it just make sure you buy from a trust worthy seller by reading their reviews. Other then that I'm not sure where you can purchase it online. If you want to see all the range of products they sell you can check out their website www.toocool.co.kr

      Delete
  6. I am very happy to see your posts on Korean product!
    Visit my blog someday!
    Have a great day :D


    http://globalcmarket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great review! you should come check out sokoglam.com! i personally select the best korean products and sell them in a special online boutique. also like us at www.facebook.com/sokoglam

    ReplyDelete
  8. great review.i like the eye shadow though..how bout those cure natural aqua gel?any thoughts on that one?

    ReplyDelete
  9. great review! I've learned a lot and that bottle it's so cute~~

    Visit my blog too! ^...^

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete